Tuesday, August 28, 2012

the final hours before 5.0.4

I keep saying that i'm not going to play my hunter as my main anymore.  That never happens.  Oh, to be sure, i played my shaman a lot in Cata.  She dinged 85, she healed heroics, and even occasionally in a raid (very occasionally), but i still played Luinel the most...and it looks like that trend is likely to continue.  But i also leveled a druid to 82, another druid to 66, my original priest to 76, another priest to 63, and a new orc to 51 very quickly.  I haven't been faithfully playing most of these characters lately, but part of what was so amazing about all of this is that i've now played two Allies into Nagrand and that i only have heirlooms on one server.  I played a warrior to lvl 22 and actually enjoyed it...and discovered that i hate playing a paladin (and reinforced that i hate playing a dk).  It seems like i usually hate pure melee classes.  My rogue i used to enjoy but abandoned (i might return to her after getting my priest to 85) and my main druid has gone boomkin with occasional healing thrown in to change it up.  It's becoming easier and easier to level, some of the leveling experiences i once had are now lost forever, and my alts are getting to higher and higher levels.

My biggest focus has not been raiding in this expansion.  I really wanted to get Lui up to 100 mounts and i did manage that.  There are some mounts out there that i still haven't been able to obtain (a ultramarine battle tank, more drakes, a fire bird, etc.) i did get my violet proto-drake and the long-elusive polar bear.  I'm currently working on the companion pets now more than i used to, mostly from Wrath or older, and i know that there are a ton of Cata companions out there that i just haven't gotten around to yet.  Tonight i rounded out my engineering pet collection with the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (did the quests to learn the schematic and farmed enough mats to make two, one to learn, one to sell).  I'm still working on the green, red, and black whelps and firefly off and on.  I'm gradually trying to get more of the Argent Tournie mounts and companions, too, but it's slow going and kind of tedious.

Which brings me to my companion pet team...i still don't know a lot about it, but i think i'm going to go with Azure Whelp, Snowshoe Rabbit (Run away!), and...i don't know, my Crawling Claw?  Little Fawn? (supposedly has decent heals)  Phoenix Hatchling? A mechanical/engineering pet?  It probably depends which character i'm on to a certain extent.  I don't plan to have only one team.

Anyways, right now i'm at 82/100 companions and i plan to get farther before MoP goes live.  Right now i am eager to see the changes that are coming down tomorrow and wish there were more happening right away.  No pet battles, no pandaren, no monks, no Theramore (at least i think that's what i read at WoWInsider).  I gave up on downloading the beta last night, uninstalled it all for the last time.  It had finally stopped the constant crashing but was way too slow to be practical. I'm ready for tomorrow (unless there will be additional patching coming down tomorrow), but it's going to be really weird not have a melee weapon on Lui.

What am i going to do when MoP comes down?  Roll a pandaren monk.  Probably roll another pandaren, i just haven't decided which class to go with.  I have a feeling that i'm going to like playing a panda a lot.  Anyways, i just wanted to check in.  Wish i didn't have to work tomorrow because i want to be online as soon as possible, which is probably ridiculous at this point, but i am excited even though the expansion isn't coming down yet.  Now if i could only sleep.

No comments: