Wednesday, November 02, 2011

the countdown

I meant to post as soon as i found out about the newest WoW expansion, Mists of Pandaria (now forever to be known as "mop"...seriously?), but Blogger or the nets or something was just not working right.  First off, i was skeptical.  I don't particularly care for the pandaren non-combat pet.  But i eventually realized that i love the Star Trek and Firefly references (etc.) that they put into the game, so why shouldn't they put in some Kung Fu Panda, too?  It is an awesome movie, and i love martial arts in certain action films, so why shouldn't that be incorporated into the game?  My biggest concern is the lore/plot being advanced, which they are being very hush hush about, so maybe MoP will be the best xpac yet.  Trying to be optimistic...

Secondly, i was super upset the first night about losing melee weapons as a hunter, but i can't say that i'm at all surprised.  Taking the dead zone away does nothing to change the fact that i have always wanted my Hunter to be a true dps hybrid capable of defending herself when mobs collapse into melee range.  Legolas was awesome with his pair of knives but hunters, sadly, are not allowed the same privilege.  However, unless they fix focus then i can't say that i will be playing a hunter anymore at all   All i'm really doing on her right now is trying to get my last couple of mounts for the achieve (i'm sitting pretty on 93 mounts right now...more on this later).  I prefer playing my shammy even while my shammy continues to feel like an alt.  I am a hunter through and through, and being alienated like this has not been a fun journey over the past few years.

Thirdly, i opped into the year long membership.  Free Diablo 3 and guaranteed in to the MoP beta?!?  Worth it even if i am going to (possibly) be mostly playing SWTOR for a while.  So right now i'm finally working (even if it is a crap job) and am looking into upgrading my power source and graphic/video card.  Hopefully this will be happening very soon, within the next paycheck or two.

Lastly, i have been leveling two alliance characters on another server with a new friend.  I'm up to lvl 66 on my worgen druid and 62 on my human spriest.  I have been wanting to lvl as alliance for a while, to see what it was like if nothing else, but it still doesn't sit right with me after 65 levels+.  I am horde through and through.  It seriously messes with my head.  I leveled my belf spriest to 65 and did a little bank maintenance on my 45 belf rogue a couple of days ago and had to keep stopping myself from approaching alliance flight master in Gadgetzan, for instance.  Just today i decided to take Lui to OL and my first inclination was to turn left to go to the flight master just inside the gate.  I don't know that i want to even raid on these characters, though i have enjoyed leveling them i constantly feel as if i'm a deserter or being unfaithful because of the faction change.  I keep wondering if this game will ever do away with factions entirely or even fracture them further (the horde definitely seems to be on the verge of breaking apart).  MoP seems to be a step closer to that no matter how much they try to deny it.


No screenshots for most of this, but recent acquisitions that i'm proud of...my last two AQ mounts (including the red one!), the Venomhide Ravasaur, and an Amani Battle Bear on both my mains (shown here on Fyre).

Oh and did i mention?  I was able to tame Deth'tilac with the help of a guildee and a couple of his friends.  You have to be able to kite perfectly do this alone... alas i am fallible and needed help.

Lastly, my countdown is not to the newest expansion (though i'm sure that will be coming sooner than we had to wait for Cat).  I've been wanting to screenshot my last ten mounts as i acquire them.  Let me just say that Coren, the Baron (is it still the Baron who's in Strat?), Kael, Skadi, and Greta (curse you!) have not been kind.  You may have noticed that there was a name that wasn't on that list that you might have expected. /cackle

90+91 = two Goblin trikes (my Ambassador title is finally complete again...that is, until MoP)

92 = Flameward Hippogryff


93 = Headless Horseman's Mount!!!

I am really hoping that i'm not going to have to start grinding Argent Dawn dailies in order to get 7 more mounts.  I foresee a lot of archaelogy and fishing in my immediate future.  That and hoping for rare drops and more Call to Arms on Fyre with a mailbox a quick click away.  Is that cheating?  How many times have i run Occ and UtP only to see nothing drop?!?

No comments: