Monday, July 25, 2011

hot summer

It has been a very long time since i posted.  I haven't been as immersed in Cataclysm as i was expecting.  I've played on and off, have two 85s.  My shaman is ready for the first raid(s?  i don't even know for sure, but she's nearly fully decked out from heroics and vendor gear), my hunter...i'm not going to bother raiding with.  This xpac seems to be all about shamans and druids.  It also appears to be good for trolls.  So i'm enjoying my shaman and kind of working on a Troll druid and a Worgen druid.  I feel bad, but i can't stand Taurens.  The whole vegetarian zen thing is not me at all.

So i've mostly been focusing on Fyreanjel.  I'm actually surprised how much i have even gotten on Lui this expansion.  She's at a point where i'm probably going to be mostly leaving her alone.  Sadly, i do not enjoy playing a Hunter anymore.  She's got her hog, she's leveled, i've been working on BC rep more than anything (she finally has her Netherwing Drakes!).  Maybe i'll farm some more rep and mounts with her but she's on the backburner for the time being.

So there are a couple of reasons why i haven't managed to go farther.  For one, i seem to be in a lazy excuse for a guild.  It's easy to be invited to a guild because of the guild leveling, it's quite another thing to find a guild where people aren't jerks.  I have run heroics with guildees a handful of times, normals even less.  I geared Fyre completely independently, they haven't helped me at all.  PUGs have been friendlier and more helpful.  Any time i run old content, i'm the one helping the noobs out, but any time i try to run endgame, no one is willing to give me any help at all.  This doesn't bode well.  I really really want to find a better guild.

Secondly, there's something wrong with my graphic card.  When i was finishing getting gear for Fyre it would randomly crash, requiring me to restart my computer.  Not good for anyone, but even worse when you're the healer.  My graphics are turned down all the way except for those that i need in order to stay out of the gunk on the floor.  I could use a better mouse, but i'm a decent healer, i think i could even become a great one.  Now that i'm playing again, the card crashes about every 15-20 minutes.  After doing some research, i'm wondering if it's overheating.  I know its not a great card, but i don't really have the funds to replace it right now.  So later today i plan to buy two fans and stick them in my tower and see if that helps.  I already took the cosmetic front off of the tower this morning.  It was metal and plastic, blocking one of the vents, and had a lit logo that was needlessly drawing more power.  So basically i've lost my nightlight, guess i'll have to dig out one of my old ones and use it again. xD  But if it's not overheating...i'm going to have to figure out a new card that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Eviengeline--my spriest--is level 60.  I'm looking forward to getting her into Nagrand, which is of course my favorite zone in BC.  However, i'm thinking that i should delete most of my lowbies on Hakkar and focus on leveling on other servers.  I don't mind being on a lowpop, i mind being on a server where everyone seems to be rude and pretentious.  There are no great guilds on this server, not anymore.  All of my sister's old guildees jumped ship ages ago.  So i don't know if i'm even going to be able to find a great guild for Fyre, and if i can't fix the crashing issue then there's not much point in trying.  I have really been craving leveling, am really curious to see what it's like to take the Alliance route all the way, actually, seeing how i never get past lvl 15...no wait, i dinged 16 on my Worgen last night, she's my new frontrunner.  I think that i'm more likely to be able to find a Christian guild if i play Alliance.  Which stinks in a way, i love playing Horde, but something has to change.  I love this game too much to give up on it for good.  I tried, i really did.

In other news, i've been watching a lot of films this Summer (but that's a completely different post).  Oh, and the biggest reason i quit WoW:  i was making the big push to graduation.  I am now a college graduate with a BA in English.  No luck finding a job yet except for the fact that i'll be teaching knitting to homeschoolers this Fall.  Other than that...no idea.

No comments: