Thursday, July 28, 2011

delayed upgrades

For the first time in days i was able to get onto LJ because i was logged out.  So i read some posts made by my "friends" and try to log in to comment and nothing will work.  I don't understand why there's so many problems with LJ but it is particularly frustrating right now as someone is going ballistic.

Meanwhile, i ordered a hammock, and it arrived in a timely fashion, but i keep running to town to get, return/exchange, obtain more parts for it and my PC.  I feel like i should just stay in town at this point.  I finally got everything i needed for both projects except for the fact that my father left our drill at work and will be out of town for a couple of days.  I am so sick of sleeping in my old, broken down bed.  My body has been screaming more and more about it over the past couple of months.  I can't remember the last time i woke up and didn't have a backache.  I wanted to buy a hammock back in 2003, before i even got my GED or went to college, so now i finally have one.  I just want to put it up already!

The fans...well i looked up info on my computer's graphic card.  The consensus seemed to be that it crashes because it gets overheated.  This only happens to me when i'm playing WoW, really, so i don't know, but i figured buying some fans was cheaper than upgrading my power and graphics.  No job right now, i'm really not too smart to even try to be gaming right now, but of course once i get a job i won't have time, right?  So i trusted Mr. Anonymous when he said which size fans fit in my tower--80mm or 120mm--and since 80mm was $5 cheaper (each) i decided to go with those.  Turns out my tower can take 100mm or 120mm, and 80mm is too small.  I feel embarrassed that i didn't just measure for myself, but i exchanged for the larger size and restrained myself from paying $30 for a coolant system.  Open the boxes, the bolts are not going to work at all, why are they even included?  So i went to the hardware store and get some screw nuts and bolts.  When i got homei put both fans in facing the same way:  towards the back of the tower.  In other words, the one in front is meant to be sucking air in, the one in back is meant to be pushing air out.  Well i get everything screwed in and figure i better make sure that it's all working before i close up.  Which is good because as it turned out both fans were blowing air out.  They somehow rotate in opposite directions even though they are the very same fan.

I haven't logged into WoW yet.  Last night was a bit cooler and i decided to level my troll druid rather than work on my shammy.  It was rainy out and cooler than it has been, and my computer obviously crashed less often, but it was still doing it periodically.  I'm kind of scared that now i've actually got the fans in that the problem is going to persist.

Right now i'm in the middle of the Hunger Games.  We got part of the kitchen tiled today, then went to the pool, where it was a pretty bad experience.  The water slide is closed.  I got told off for wearing goggles in the deep end of the pool, which is ludicrous as half the lap lanes are in the deep end, 5' deep or more (the diving drop off is in the middle of one of the lanes!  I was staring at it while doing the front crawl).  Oh, and we were told that even though it was kids free swim that the adults have to pay with cash, that your paid pass isn't valid unless you pay for the kids.  Which is stupid, we paid for the pass, right?  And we complained that my teenage sister and her teenage friends weren't allowed to come in free the week before and were all charged the adult rate...which of course they won't do anything about unless you prove with a receipt when they don't give you a receipt.  But they only let kids in free if there's a paying adult, but having one teen pay the adult rate and the other teens come in free isn't allowed either.  So that's the last time i ever go to the Lincoln Park Pool.  I will allow that no goggles on the diving board is an okay restriction to have (not that it's dangerous to dive in goggles by any means, but they might break and be lost), but no goggles in the deep end for surface diving, full body bobbing, or lap swimming?  B.S.  Oh, and it's $4 to get in, four times as much as we paid in Arizona, and the pool is rarely clean.  I don't want to swim underwater or with my face in the water without goggles at Lincoln Park or Orchard Mesa (which gets even dirtier, which is completely incomprehensible because it's an indoor pool).

So...i think i'll get back to my novel and leave the WoW for in the AM.  Oh, and hope that my new old school stud finder works better than the useless Stanley electronic stud finder that i still need to take back to Wal-Mart.  I seriously doubt that live wires and only a couple of studs compose 95% of the walls in my room.

No comments: